Skip to main content

Scars...

The scars on your forehead
remind me of the pasts you hide from me.
The hidden truths of your life that slowly take shape on the wheel of destiny...
The countless pain you hide in your smiles
I want to be a part of them.
I know not what in me wants to reach out to you,
Wipe away sordid melancholy from the very root of you.
How so strange it is,
I crave for your smile....since you let it seep into the surreal darkness of life...
I am a weed longing too much for a blooming flower. Longing too much, for you...
I love you...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Inferno

It's only now that I realise, Decades of mourning will cease no cries. Love and disaster sewn in one, The eternal inferno I was destined to burn. Damaged was I, maybe a little more now Revived regrets into piles, and how! Like dead petunias on the sea afloat, Like blandness of a solitary piano note, I fell apart from the world to endure, The burden of a soul, impure.

Loneliness never leaves me

I sat by the Mississippi river, my eyes feasting on the changing hues of autumn and my senses enraptured by the cold autumn wind. Out-of-nowhere came a wave of melancholic memories and washed me back to half-a-decade ago when I used to sit alone at the traffic crossing of Rabindra Sadan bleeding doggerels on my little notebook. I remember how the lights of the oncoming traffic on one of the central roadways of Calcutta blinded me. I remember the stares, the smirks cast upon me by judgmental pedestrians. But most of all, I remember how deafeningly silent, unfathomably hollow and terribly lonely it felt even amidst the jostling cacophony of the city.  It awes me how loneliness never left me. Loneliness clawed at me then just as it gnaws at me today. Only, perhaps the blow has dampened over time. It awes me how I travelled thousands of miles to a whole different country to experience loneliness all over again-layered and intense. My heart always restless with the feeling of losing eve...

Death Comes Closer

When the passion in my veins becomes the poison in my blood and death comes closer by a step I will not shrivel in sudden fear or dissolve into a mist of a pitiable plight For even when I die My words will illuminate lives with it's perennial light.