Skip to main content

Moment

This moment of love,
deafeningly silent between our lips
The rift of our beds,
merging with the bridge of your body.

You, in excruciating pain
as I apologize
midway between a logical exchange
You, in cut throat emotions
shedding down rivers
and then snuggling closer onto my lap
touching the moment
with quivering lips and gawky fingers
A moment of melancholy
Your heavy breath on my skin
speaking volumes as you keep numb
Jitters me off thoughts, the howling of curfew signals
Shutters closing outside
and then the closing of your eyelids
A moment of overwhelm

Another tear, you couldn’t hold in
as coffee cups lay aside in dismay
I blinked and it passed.
A moment of pity.

A moment of relief
A moment of you
You forgive me. It took you only a moment?
Only a moment of love.
FRIENDSHIP by artist Nidhi Bhatia – Realism, Painting | Mojarto | 274300







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Inferno

It's only now that I realise, Decades of mourning will cease no cries. Love and disaster sewn in one, The eternal inferno I was destined to burn. Damaged was I, maybe a little more now Revived regrets into piles, and how! Like dead petunias on the sea afloat, Like blandness of a solitary piano note, I fell apart from the world to endure, The burden of a soul, impure.

Death Comes Closer

When the passion in my veins becomes the poison in my blood and death comes closer by a step I will not shrivel in sudden fear or dissolve into a mist of a pitiable plight For even when I die My words will illuminate lives with it's perennial light.

Loneliness never leaves me

I sat by the Mississippi river, my eyes feasting on the changing hues of autumn and my senses enraptured by the cold autumn wind. Out-of-nowhere came a wave of melancholic memories and washed me back to half-a-decade ago when I used to sit alone at the traffic crossing of Rabindra Sadan bleeding doggerels on my little notebook. I remember how the lights of the oncoming traffic on one of the central roadways of Calcutta blinded me. I remember the stares, the smirks cast upon me by judgmental pedestrians. But most of all, I remember how deafeningly silent, unfathomably hollow and terribly lonely it felt even amidst the jostling cacophony of the city.  It awes me how loneliness never left me. Loneliness clawed at me then just as it gnaws at me today. Only, perhaps the blow has dampened over time. It awes me how I travelled thousands of miles to a whole different country to experience loneliness all over again-layered and intense. My heart always restless with the feeling of losing eve...