Skip to main content

What I remember, what I forget

So, I will slowly get back to the time we spent in each other's arms, a parallel universe curtained from the rest of the world. I will pick up the memories, now worn off like little white pebbles on the shores of our lives. I remember the moments of bliss, when all I ever needed was lacked, and all I ever lacked was needed and there you were, fulfilling them all.
I remember the moments of hurt when my silent tears seeped deep into your skin, the cool breeze fluttering my hair, your eyes reflecting the stars above.
I remember the moments of peace, when pain numbed the beauty of love, and solace I found in you. I remember the moments of distress, of your smile that made my life smile
I remember moments like this,
And when I remember all that I remember,
I realise, life is but a moment
You wish you could seize...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Inferno

It's only now that I realise, Decades of mourning will cease no cries. Love and disaster sewn in one, The eternal inferno I was destined to burn. Damaged was I, maybe a little more now Revived regrets into piles, and how! Like dead petunias on the sea afloat, Like blandness of a solitary piano note, I fell apart from the world to endure, The burden of a soul, impure.

Loneliness never leaves me

I sat by the Mississippi river, my eyes feasting on the changing hues of autumn and my senses enraptured by the cold autumn wind. Out-of-nowhere came a wave of melancholic memories and washed me back to half-a-decade ago when I used to sit alone at the traffic crossing of Rabindra Sadan bleeding doggerels on my little notebook. I remember how the lights of the oncoming traffic on one of the central roadways of Calcutta blinded me. I remember the stares, the smirks cast upon me by judgmental pedestrians. But most of all, I remember how deafeningly silent, unfathomably hollow and terribly lonely it felt even amidst the jostling cacophony of the city.  It awes me how loneliness never left me. Loneliness clawed at me then just as it gnaws at me today. Only, perhaps the blow has dampened over time. It awes me how I travelled thousands of miles to a whole different country to experience loneliness all over again-layered and intense. My heart always restless with the feeling of losing eve...

Death Comes Closer

When the passion in my veins becomes the poison in my blood and death comes closer by a step I will not shrivel in sudden fear or dissolve into a mist of a pitiable plight For even when I die My words will illuminate lives with it's perennial light.